Imigran nasal spray 20mg
- 2 Doses
- Migraine Treatment
- For those previously prescribed Imigran
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Imigran Nasal Spray 20mg Online
Imigran Nasal Spray is used for migraines which have already been diagnosed by a medical professional and not for other types of headaches or previously undiagnosed migraines. A migraine is characterised by moderate to severe throbbing headache on one side of the head, it sometimes follows visual symptoms known as aura, the cause of migraines is a temporary widening of blood vessels in the brain.
Other symptoms of migraines are also nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity to light and sound. Examples of aura symptoms are seeing bright lights, flashing lights, zigzag patterns which usually dwindle prior to a headache settling in.
If you have migraines on 5 or more days a month or migraines are affecting your quality of life but have not previously been diagnosed by a medical professional talk to your GP about them.
How does it work
The active ingredient in Imigran Nasal Spray is Sumatriptan which works by reducing the widening of the blood vessels in the brain in turn which takes away the migraine and associated symptoms.
When to take
Imigran Nasal Spray can be taken as soon as you feel a migraine coming on or are having a migraine it should NOT be taken as a preventative measure. If one nasal spray is used and symptoms of migraine decrease and return another nasal spray can be used as long as you leave a 2-hour gap between the two nasal sprays. Do not take more than two 20mg nasal spray doses in 24 hours.
What medications cannot be used with Imigran nasal Spray?
Do not take Imigran Nasal Spray if you take:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as phenelzine
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as fluoxetine
- Serotonin noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) such as Venlafaxine
- Other triptans such as zolmitriptan
If you are unsure if your medication falls into one of these groups please do contact the pharmacy team or your GP prior to purchase.
Is Imigran nasal Spray safe to use in pregnancy?
There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that Imigran nasal Spray produces a teratogenic effect, however, it is very important to talk to your GP or midwife prior to taking Imigran nasal Spray whilst pregnant.
Is Imigran nasal Spray safe to use whilst breastfeeding?
Imigran Nasal Spray has been shown to be excreted in breast milk so you should avoid breastfeeding until at least 12 hours of your dose of Imigran Nasal Spray. Any breast milk expressed in this time period should be discarded.
Is Imigran nasal Spray safe to take with my pre-existing condition?
Unfortunately, this medication cannot be taken by people suffering from heart problems such as Ischemic heart disease, angina or previous heart attack.
Circulations problems such as suffering from cramp-like pain when walking. Previous history of stroke, high blood pressure which is not mild or uncontrolled and serious liver disease.
Is it still ok to drive after taking Imigran nasal Spray?
It is possible that Imigran Nasal Spray can make you drowsy. If it does, do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
Side Effects of Imigran Nasal Spray
As with all medications, there are some sides effects common ones associated with Imigran Nasal Spray which include nausea, vomiting, tiredness, temporary increase in blood pressure.
A full list of side effects can be seen in the patient information leaflet and it is always advised you read this prior to taking any medication.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
How to use Imigran nasal spray:
- Remove the spray from the blister being mindful not to press the plunger
- Get into a comfortable position, you may find it easier to sit down
- Blow your nose if it feels blocked or you have a cold
- Hold your nasal spray upright with your index and middle fingers towards the spray and thumb close to the plunger
- Block one nostril with your other hand
- Place the nasal spray in your nose approximately 1cm to half an inch in or as far as feels comfortable. Breath out gentle from your mouth and close it also hold your head upright.
- Start to breathe in gentle from your nose whilst doing this press the plunger and continue to breathe in gently.
- Remove the spray from your nose and continue to breath in through your nose gentle and out through your mouth. Ensure to keep your head upright for 10 – 20 seconds
- Your nasal spray is now empty and is ready to be disposed of.
Please read all patient information leaflets with your medication. Make sure you know the side effects, and discontinue use if any serious side effects occur, and contact your GP
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options
|Medication||Simple Online Pharmacy||